It's the local things that really matter.
- The traffic congestion on the Southern Outlet must be addressed.
- Access to a Royal Hobart Hospital accident and emergency services hub in Kingston is essential.
- Kingston is growing into a thriving city and residents want more services, shops and restaurants.
- Kingston Beach Surf Lifesaving club room facilities should be built on Osborne Parade.
- Taroona Schools, parks and road upgrades are overdue.
- Stormwater management upgrades to keep our beaches clean is important.
- Bushfire management is critical - a major review is timely.
- Plastic free water and clean beaches are essential.
- Our Antarctic Division should stay in Kingston - with more Federal Public service jobs for Nelson.
- Sandy Bay road bike lanes should be separated from traffic.
- Parking issues and accommodation for the University need to be resolved.
- A cycleway extension to improve the traffic mix and car flow through Taroona
- Mount Nelson paths, lighting and investment in Hobart College are overdue.
- Kingston High's sports specialisation plans and Kingborough Sports precinct pool should be supported.
- Housing development must be linked with services and long-term planning, including for schools, transport and roads - particularly the Southern Outlet.
More great jobs
- Let's grow our tech industry and get the jobs back into Kingston.
- The Antarctic Division should remain in Kingston and be set for growth.
- I will push for investment into telecommunications research and development.
- I support ensuring Tasmania gets its fair share of benefit from the billion dollar investment in Space research.
- I support improved NBN for all and a better deal for small business.
- Let's move more Federal Public Service department roles to Tasmania.
- We can increase tourism opportunities for the south of Tasmania.
- I'll push for a fair go for small business.
Access to healthcare
- We need a substantial and sustained investment in public health and healthcare services.
- Healthcare professionals deserve a pay increase.
- I will push for proper resourcing of healthcare and invest in healthcare professionals.
- I will work to establish a Royal Hobart Hospital A&E hub in Kingston.
- We want all our kids to be healthy and happy - with fresh food and healthy lifestyles.
- We need to get the balance right between housing for families starting out, students and people who need a fair go in public housing. Pressure on the market has never been greater and whilst this works for people who own homes, it is a barrier to entry for young people.
- Older resident wanting to downsize must have opportunities to move to local apartments, with level access and within walking distance of shops and services.
- The growth in new housing particularly in Kingston must be linked to improved services.
- Opportunities to deliver ‘infill’ housing particularly through the city and in our northern suburbs should be supported.
- Public housing stock needs a capital investment to practically improve facilities - kitchens, heating, carpets and landscaping
Parks, playgrounds & facilities
- We should celebrate our strong tradition of sailing and rowing excellence and invest in upgrading facilities.
- A sailing centre of excellence is overdue.
- The Derwent Sailing Squadron, the Sandy Bay Sailing club, the Sandy Bay Rowing Club, bowls and croquet clubs need facilities upgrades.
- Let's roll out water bottle refill stations in public areas.
- It's time for the kids to play - let's create and reinvigorate fantastic playgrounds.
- All our parks should be accessible to all ages and abilities.
- Dog walking and exercise areas are important.
Our AFL team
- Let's get sport back into our schools and grow grassroots football.
- We can secure our Tasmanian AFL team - by uniting Tasmanian football with one voice.
- Sports facilities upgrades to provide access for women are essential.
Invest in education
- It is time to invest in the next generation - with additional support for teachers.
- We need to increase our educational investment particularly in the arts, science and technology.
- A Hi-Tech High programme will assist to open up science, technology and engineering for our children.
- We want our children to be happy, housed, healthy and safe on University campus.
- Let's get the balance right for all our kids.
Support for the arts
- Let's support the establishment of a new art gallery attached to TMAG to showcase Tasmanian art.
- Let's invest more in public art - particularly outdoor sculptures and markets.
- The Treasury building to remain in public ownership and be repurposed - perhaps as a living heritage centre and art gallery.
- Small arts businesses need more support - reducing the cost of doing business is important.
- I support arts markets to provide an outlet for makers and family friendly events.
- I support an industry driven container deposit model to reduce waste.
- I support strong action to remove plastic from our waters.
- We need to tackle pollution and act as part of a global community when it comes to climate change.
- It is time to close the offshore detention centres - our aid program should be increased to tackle the root cause of issues leading to refugee migration.
- Multicultural Tasmania is a bastion of goodwill, acceptance and diversity.
- Many of us are immigrants, who have helped build Tasmania, and many of us have children working overseas and interstate.
- Our multicultural communities deserve our respect and support.
Authorised M Ogilvie, 335 Davey Street, South Hobart, Tas 7004