Madeleine is a top parliamentary performer who debates the issues on their merits. She has been instrumental in:
- Resisting the hostile takeover bid for Tas Water.
- Securing Constitutional Recognition for Tasmanian Aboriginals.
- Driving a parliamentary enquiry into end of life decision making law reform.
- Defending citizens right to know what their government is doing.
- Pushing for buy local and contemporary procurement rules.
- Standing against poorly framed and ill conceived legislation.
- Lobbying for the restoration of the lower house numbers to 35 seats.
- Resisting Ministerial call in powers across a range of planning and development legislation.
- Proposing law reform for environmental concerns - notably plastic Free Waters.
- Proposing law reform for medical care and consent with end of life decision making.
- Standing up for asylum seekers.
- Focussing on economic development and jobs.
Unafraid of controversy, Madeleine draws on her legal expertise to ensure proposed law reforms get the balance right for all.